Kids Dance Classes In Saskatoon
Children are introduced to the world of dance and can learn a range of dance and baton styles at Brenda’s School of Baton and Dance (aka BSOBAD). We look forward to welcoming your child to our positive and fun-filled environment. Take a look at the classes on offer below.
Is your little one excited to dance? Always dancing around the house? Or maybe you can’t wait to see your tiny one dance?
Our Tiny Tot program has developed over the years to be one of the best introductory classes to dance, body awareness, creativity and music! This program is under the direction of Miss Cara, who grew up dancing in all genres at the studio and is a mom to three little ones. She has trained her teaching team through years of experience to provide the most imaginative story lines, as well as age-appropriate dance techniques.
Your Tiny Tot will receive training in creative dance, ballet, jazz, tumbling and body awareness.
Tiny Tots Classes run Saturdays.
Join our Tiny Tots Class whenever you are ready… Registration stays open all year!
Our Combination 1 dance program is recommended for pre-school children who are 4 years of age. Tap, Ballet, Jazz & Tumbling are explored in one dynamite class! Combo 1 provides an excellent foundation for further training in all areas of dance. Our students are immersed in music, concept story lines, imagination and creativity while learning dance techniques that lead into our structured RAD Ballet, ADAPT Jazz, CDTA Tap and Acrobatic Arts programs.
The Combination 2 dance program is especially designed for the active 5-year old. Combo 2 consists of Ballet, Tap and Jazz.
Our Combo 2 dancers are also eligible to begin the Pre-School Acrobatic Arts program. Developing a strong, agile and flexible body is the goal for our 5 year olds so they can pursue activities, sport and artistic forms of dance.
Combo Classes are available Saturdays. Additional dates and times for our 2023-2024 dance season will be posted soon! There are still spots available in our Combo Classes… Come Join Us!
Love Ballet, Tap, Jazz, Musical Theatre, Hip Hop, Acrobatics and/or Baton Twirling?!
Being 6 is so much fun! We highly recommend that our dancers begin their training in a 40 minute once/week ballet program. From the foundation of ballet you may participate in any of our packaged programs of:
- Ballet: Ballet is a foundational discipline that provides posture, grace, coordination, strength and flexibility.
- Tap: Tap your feet to the rhythm of the beat (Musical students love this class!) Based on CDTA syllabus.
- Jazz: Movement with grace, agility, strength and flexibility to fun age-appropriate music. Based on ADAPT syllabus.
- Hip Hop: Strong street dance movement; feel the rhythm with age-appropriate music.
- Acro: Great training in strength, flexibility, and tumbling following the Acrobatic Arts programming.
- Baton Twirling Join the sport of baton twirling; featuring the challenge of hand-eye coordination utilizing dance and acro movement with the silver stick!
- Musical Theatre: Become a Triple threat; each class focuses on acting, dance & singing.
What happens next?
Once your child progresses beyond intro classes, things really get exciting! Talk to us about competition teams and performance opportunities. We invite your child to try a range of dance and performance styles.